313 E. Main

313 E. Main
Left: Then (1991) & Right: Now (2010, though still in the works...)

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Another bedroom done

Just thought I'd update with some pics of a recent project I've finished - the SE bedroom. However, if I'm truthful there is one more thing that needs to be done - putting the ceiling fan and light back up, but I let the boss do that cause he took it down. :)

You may wonder why I picked gray for the wall color, cause honestly it wouldn't be my first color choice for a bedroom - but in an effort to keep the rooms somewhat connected via decor, the walls now match the bathroom walls, thus these two rooms plus the north bedroom which has the same gray accents as a wall border (which you can see on the door below) all match! The gray also comes from the slight gray/silver color in the second upstairs bathroom tile, which also includes a pink hue in the tile, so another reason for the north bedroom to be painted a light pink (also, the pink carpet also made that decision for me!)













I've also begun tile work in the shower in the hallway (second) bathroom, now that I've found more tile (and it was even on sale! Happy Days!). However, I did come across a slight issue. Once I put up the backerboard, which ended up resting on the shower basin's top edge, I discovered that there wasn't anything allowing the first row of tile to rest on while it dried because the tile now overhangs the basin. So I had to come up with a clever way to keep the tile from slipping while the mortar dried. Enter some 2x4s, wood laminate floor scraps, and kitchen Tupperware :) The only sad thing is that I can only do one wall at a time, but once all three sides have a bottom row, the rest of the job should go pretty quick!


1 comment:

  1. I think you should concentrate on finishing the bathrooms and the utility room. I'll help you with the basement the next time I come down.

    Looking good - I think you going to get it finished this time around.

    By the way - replace the second picture on the opening - take it on a nice day at sundown so it matches the first pic. The way they look now, the first picture looks like the after picture - just because of the lighting and the fact that the house had been setting for a long time when I took that picture.

    ReplyDelete