313 E. Main

313 E. Main
Left: Then (1991) & Right: Now (2010, though still in the works...)

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Slowly but Surely...

It's definitely a race for the tortoise; little by little the house is getting there. For the majority, the first floor is now painted and ready to go for the next 15 years :) Honestly, I'll admit it hasn't been too bad getting up bright and early to work outside, especially since the last fews days have been in the triple digits. But the mosquitoes, the bloodly mosquitos! They are EVERYWHERE!!! We get 8" of rain a week and a half ago and the whole world's population of mosquitoes descend to our little town in the middle of almost nowhere! And they're relentless! I spray all over with Off! and they still keep comin'! They even attack me in the middle of broad daylight when it's 100 degrees outside!

But beside the killer mosquitoes, the house is coming along. Most of the weeds have been pulled from the backyard and I'm trying to contemplate what to do with the pond in the backyard. I think it would help the house sell if I could find a way to get it to hold water. it's not on the priority list of things to do, but I do think it would add to the landscaping of the house.


I've been working on the kitchen and this morning after working outside I can in to start work on more drywalling. I thought at first I'd just re-plaster part of the wall that was starting to look a little rough, but instead it just seemed easier to take it off and put up new sheetrock, so that's what I ended up doing before lunch. After all, Dad always said if you're gonna do something, you might as well do it right. (We'll just ignore the fact that it can take years for it to get finished...must be that McCoy curse again).

So now that lunch is finished, hopefully the joint compound is drying so tomorrow I can sand it down and then figure out where to go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment