313 E. Main

313 E. Main
Left: Then (1991) & Right: Now (2010, though still in the works...)

Monday, June 21, 2010

Paint = 1; Jen = 0

Well, just as the rain begins to hold off, here comes the heat advisory warnings! This week central Kansas will finally see the triple digits, with 102 scheduled to be the high on Wednesday this week, due to heat indices it will feel more like 105-108 degrees. All the more reason for me to get up just as the sun's rising to work outside...

So far, I've managed to get the first floor north side painted, all except the porch and the railing. After a quick run to Hutchinson on Friday for the cream colored paint, I began to finish the north side, only to realize the cream paint for some reason or another was thinner than the other paint I'd been using, thus it likes to splatter everywhere, everywhere, and EVERYWHERE!!! (thus Paint = 1; Jen = 0. I guess it could be more Paint = 1; Jen = 1 since I did get it finished, but I think I walked away with more paint on me than on the house). I've already begun painting on the west side and a little on the east this morning - however, when the sun hit the east wall I decided to work on the west wall only to be ravaged by mosquitoes (another problem with 8 inches of water).

As for the inside of the house, I'm started a little work. The kitchen and breakfast nook will be the first to get a makeover, mainly paint and a few new sections of drywall, particularly in the kitchen. Because we're cheap and don't wanna buy new paint for a house we're trying to sell, I'm just going to try and decorate it using the paint the previous renters bought (though some of the colors are interesting to say the very least). I've got an idea in my little head, but if it will actually workout, that is the question...

No comments:

Post a Comment