313 E. Main

313 E. Main
Left: Then (1991) & Right: Now (2010, though still in the works...)

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Last Bedroom

Okay, I know it's been a while since I've updated - my fault. Will try to do better next time.

So what has been going on? Well, work on the last bathroom begun with the destruction of the too small closet. We had about a foot of dead space between the room's door (which you can see in the pictures) and the wall for the closet, so we decided to basically pull out the closet wall a foot to eat up the dead space and have a much roomier closet.

So here are pictures of the project so far. It's slightly on hold until I figure out how I want to run electricity for a light, given that it's now a bigger closet it really should have one. The other issue is that on the left side of the pictures, you'll notice the new wall doesn't go all the way across. This is because that corner of the room is an old fireplace chimney. Since I didn't want to have to try and drill or nail into the bricks (given their age they'd probably crumble or fall apart if I tried), I'm planning on putting in a built in bookshelf there.

No comments:

Post a Comment