313 E. Main

313 E. Main
Left: Then (1991) & Right: Now (2010, though still in the works...)

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Last Bedroom - again


Okay, so it's been a while, but I've finally got good news on the last bedroom frontier - it's nearly done! And when I say nearly done, I mean that it's like 85-90% finished!

After a brief detour, given one weekend Dad decided that we needed to do something in the kitchen - and truthfully we've always known that the kitchen did need work, but were never sure just what to do in the kitchen - I finally managed to get back to working on the last bedroom upstairs, what used to be my Dad's old office.

If you recall my last post, where I talked about having to known down the closet wall in order to create a bigger closet, I finally finished the drywall and mudding that, in addition to hanging sheetrock on the ceiling and the north wall. Anymore, our $20 paint and texture gun works wonders and really is pretty easy to do, so Dad's more to the mind-set of 'if it's not an easy fix, let's just completely cover the (wall/ceiling/insert whatever have you) with sheetrock and spray it!'. So that's what we've been doing. It looks great on the ceilings, we don't even have to paint over it, and once it drys completely for a few days it's pretty easy to use a roller and paint if you need to even out the walls. So needless to say, the NE bedroom has a new ceiling, bigger closet, and newly textured north wall.

Apart from painting touch-ups on the trim and wall, in addition to putting up the shelves for the built-in bookshelf next to the closet and hanging up the remaining Closet-Maid closet stuff, the room is done. I'm not entirely sure what we're going to do for carpet - the carpet that we had in there ended up ruined after paint and other stuff got dumped on it from our previous renters, but as far as I'm concerned that's a last minute fix.

So here are the pictures of the finished product (mostly) in addition to what I started out with once I began tearing out the walls of the old closet.



No comments:

Post a Comment