313 E. Main

313 E. Main
Left: Then (1991) & Right: Now (2010, though still in the works...)

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Weekend Project...kinda

For those wondering where I've been since my last post - busy busy and not around. Last week sent me back up north for a dentist appointment (note: root canal wasn't too bad), but before I headed up toward cooler climates, my dad came down to help with the weekend project: re-roofing the porch area over the front door (as you'll remember from my previous post, it was in dire need of having the 'potholes' fixed.

Despite an hour of heavy downpour and a night of rain (during which we were able to tarp and cover what we could so the water didn't get into the house itself), in two and a half days we put up all new framing (which hadn't been planned, but extremely needed it as you'll see in the following videos), decking, and the felt nailed down. We ran out of time so no shingling over the weekend; however I did manage to get it shingled last night and finished with the cap between the new and old parts this morning. I do still need to put the tar around the edging of the house so water can't leak in there, but at least it's done and hopefully - fingers crossed - the porch won't leak anymore!




More to come on the house projects, but for now you can watch the video on our discovery of why we had so many problems...



2 comments:

  1. AND DID YOU DESTROY THE SQUIRRELS NEST ??
    HOME WRECKER !! LOL Kinda looks like a lot of work honey ! BUT, lookin good !! LOve ya, GMA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I vacuumed it up! I think it had been empty for a while!

    ReplyDelete