313 E. Main

313 E. Main
Left: Then (1991) & Right: Now (2010, though still in the works...)

Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Little Catch-Up

Having not been a round a while, I thought I'd post a few pictures of some recent happenings around the house.

As you've seen from a previous posting, the pipes in the dining room are now gone and I've gotten about half of the room painted. The problem was that some of the old, 20 year old wallpaper was off and some wasn't, so I wanted to match the color up as close as I could so when I painted over it, it would look ok. I have yet to do the west wall because I plan on putting up sheetrock on top of the existing paster and wallpaper to help reinforce the wall, which if you look closely under the wallpaper is slightly cracked. My theory is because the south side of the foundation sank over the years, the wall cracked in adjusting to it. The downfall of old houses I'm afraid...

Can you see the pipes??

As I mentioned in a July post, the wall on the stair landing was completely redone due to water damaged, and here are the before and after pics. In the picture you can see just how much damage the water did to the lathe underneath the plaster. We didn't have any wallpaper to match what was on the wall already, so I just painted over a little mudding criss-cross design I attempted simply to make it blend in a little with the painted wallpaper next to it.

More to come later on...back to work on the kitchen (all most done!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment