313 E. Main

313 E. Main
Left: Then (1991) & Right: Now (2010, though still in the works...)

Monday, June 11, 2012

A Good Day's Work

I've gotta say, it's a FANTASTIC feeling when you work for about 6 hours and nearly (I'd say 90%) get a project done. The upstairs hallway had been carpeted with some beige carpet from our old gymnastics center, but after our previous renters had dripped something that stained the carpet to the point of no return - I'm inclined to think they carried something up the stairs that was leaking as there was little breadcrumbs all the way down the hallway.

Anyway, we rolled up the carpet and pad down to the original wood floor, but being so roughed up we decided to go ahead and put down wood laminate in the main hallway as we did in the N/S bathroom hallway. It's the same color as we did the dining room and kitchen areas downstairs, and as I said, almost got the whole thing done today (and had I had about 20more sqft of padding I would've been able to).

 

But as I said, it's a great feeling to actually get something completely done (well, almost)...

No comments:

Post a Comment