313 E. Main

313 E. Main
Left: Then (1991) & Right: Now (2010, though still in the works...)

Thursday, February 24, 2011

New Wall for the Confessional

The upstairs hallway has a unique closet - it was once a confessional! As far as we've been told anyway. However, despite this neat aspect to the house, there was one slight problem. As with several other places in the house, the back wall had several years of water damage to it, which of course led me to go ahead and replace it. My daddy always told me if you're gonna fix something, might as well do it right.

So the last few days have been not only finishing up the last details of the new walls in the master bedroom (largely mudding touch-ups), but also tearing down the wall behind the closets (no fun) and replacing it, mudding, sanding (even more no fun), finally painting it and putting it back together. With this done, I can turn my work to the adjoining bathroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment